• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcyle Repair Mayhem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nickelkalem

I'm in Florida and I took my 1998 Suzuki TL1000r to a little shop to be worked on. After about 7 months and losts of $$ spent in parts, I went and picked it up. I didn't ride it right away (still had minor modifications) but I cranked it often (I love hearing the sound of it!) After about a week, it wouldn't crank anymore. I decided to take it to a suzuki shop(the first shop was just unprofessional) and I was told the first shop had wired my bike all wrong and it would take about $1000 to get everything working right (I had already paid the first shop over 1000 - and 500 of that was purely for labor). I'm wondering if I can sue the first shop for not doing the job right. If I can get a sworn statement from the suzuki shop stating it wasn't put together right and how much it will cost to fix it, do I have a chance of winning back at least part of the 1000 I paid the first shop? Do I need to contact the first shop before I file and see if they will do anything outside of court or should I just file? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">