• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving a blocked mobile home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetnovember

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama

We are interested in purchasing a forclosed mobile home. The home is on .25 of an acre. The septic tank is on the mothers property and she has the home blocked from being moved by a vehicle and other items. Is it possible to have the items removed long enough to get the home moved?

sweetnovember

We have not asked yet. Her property line runs against the corner of the mobile home on the side it has to be pulled out at. According to the real estate agent she is very angry about her daughter loosing the home and is trying to run off all prospective buyers. I am assuming it will turn in to a legal issue.

sweetnovember

That is what we should do. Its just this home appraises at $40,000 and the asking price right now is $12,000. There have been several contracts on it and have fallen through. we were planning on offering a whole lot less. I am just trying to find out if the hassles are worth the savings. The home could stay on the .25 acre if we are willing to tolerate the mother and move the septic. This could also make a decent rental. Is it worth it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That is what we should do. Its just this home appraises at $40,000 and the asking price right now is $12,000. There have been several contracts on it and have fallen through. we were planning on offering a whole lot less. I am just trying to find out if the hassles are worth the savings. The home could stay on the .25 acre if we are willing to tolerate the mother and move the septic. This could also make a decent rental. Is it worth it?
Is it worth it? Up to you.
Me, I'm surprised that you're STILL thinking about it. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">