• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr Conaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tree cutters

What is the name of your state? Florida
Progress Energy sends out tree timmers to keep their wires clear. However they sometime get carried away with their cutting. I had an agreement with them to call me when they were going to cut. I went on vacation and they destroyed one of my front trees. My neighbor stopped them but not in time. The power Co is ignoring me. I had a ISA Arborist come out and she gave me a written report that stated the tree was over cut and should come down. What do I do next.

Thank YouWhat is the name of your state?

Ozark_Sophist

Write to Progress Energy and ask that they remove the entire tree at no cost to you because they created a hazard. Include the arborist's report.

quincy

Most trees have value and can add substantial value to your home and property. They are often covered by your homeowner's insurance policy. Call your insurance company and have them write up a report as to value before the tree is removed. Some old or rare trees can be worth thousands.

Ozark_Sophist

Most trees have value and can add substantial value to your home and property. They are often covered by your homeowner's insurance policy. Call your insurance company and have them write up a report as to value before the tree is removed. Some old or rare trees can be worth thousands.
Of course it wouldn't make a difference what the tree is valued if the electric company simply legally removed the limbs within the easement. It annoys me when the same people who try to keep electric companies from trimming trees in the easement also complain about power outages. Also when these people plant trees within or adjacant to an easement and complain when the power company trims the trees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">