• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

multi state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jparker

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I responded to an internet classified advertisement selling a limited edition cell phone. I sent the advertiser $305.00 via Western Union with the understanding that they would overnight me the phone. The person picked up the money but after 3 weeks, has yet to send me the phone. Everytime i email the person they have a different excuse as to why i haven't received it yet. I want to pursue litigation but i live in Nevada and the seller lives in Illinois. What would you suggest is the best course of action?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jparker said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I responded to an internet classified advertisement selling a limited edition cell phone. I sent the advertiser $305.00 via Western Union with the understanding that they would overnight me the phone. The person picked up the money but after 3 weeks, has yet to send me the phone. Everytime i email the person they have a different excuse as to why i haven't received it yet. I want to pursue litigation but i live in Nevada and the seller lives in Illinois. What would you suggest is the best course of action?

My response:

You've been scammed. There's nothing economically feasible for you to do. Simply, there's not enough money in controversy to make it worth the effort, and the guy knows it - - that's even assuming you have his name, and an actual address.

Lesson - - don't make purchases over the Internet. Buy locally, or don't buy at all.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">