• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple defendants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

racer_x

What is the name of your state?Oregon

My wife and I are being sued in small claims court over some work mechanical work I did for a person. We have since moved to Arizona and she would rather stay at home. She had no dealing with this at all as I did the work on the lawn tractor and had all the interaction with the person that is suing us.
My question is do both of us have to go or can I go and represent both of us. To complicate this further she has a sugery scheduled the following day and to attempt to travel in an already stressful situation. Can she sign a power of attorney to me to deal with this? Does she have to go? Thanks for any assistance
Dan

R

racer_x

I also have another question regarding this. I was reading in the ORS and it clearly states that the plantiff must file according to were the resident resides. So if he filed a claim in clackamas count and I lived in washington county could I ask the court to dismiss the charges based on the wrong jurisdiction?

I truly thank any and all that respond

Dan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">