• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my appearance required?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Out of State

What is the name of your state?New Mexico. I am living in New Mexico and have received notice from New Hampshire court of a small claims complaint against me requesting a judgement for an alleged debt of $4000. I plan on contesting the claim. Must I physically appear or can an attorney represent me?

racer72

Out of State said:
What is the name of your state?New Mexico. I am living in New Mexico and have received notice from New Hampshire court of a small claims complaint against me requesting a judgement for an alleged debt of $4000. I plan on contesting the claim. Must I physically appear or can an attorney represent me?
You will be required to appear if you want to challenge the claim. It is impossible to question a defendant (you) if your not there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">