• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is my boss responsible????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hairdo

What is the name of your state? ohio
on june 10 i deposited my paycheck into my account (the account was positive). i wrote a few checks for purchases and bills. on the 22 of june i received a notice that my account was overdrawn by a rather suprising amount. the next notice i opened was my paycheck being returned to me for nsf (non sufficaiant funds). my boss had no money to cover my paycheck. i called her and she started to yell at me that she is only responsible for the paycheck and not anything else. my question is is she legally responible for the fees i accumulated- because if my paycheck had not bounced i would not have any extra fees for the check that i wrote????

H

hexeliebe

I'm feeling frisky tonight so here's a test. Tell her if you can't reach some sort of agreement on the fees you'll have no choice but to turn the NSF check over to the city attorney for collection.

Unless she's already paid the check and you have returned it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">