• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my brother is refusing...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nelliann

What is the name of your state?IL, I am in Il and my older brother is in Ca. After numerous attemps to ask him to send me my laptop, that I left behind. He has not sent it to me. We agreed I would send him the money to ship it to me. And I did. I know he received the money by confirmation mail. He then called me to argue about 'money he feels I owe him. He had bought tickets for me and my son to visit him, but they were for the wrong dates. That was over 3 years ago. At that time he said it was fine and he would take it as a loss. Now, he is concerned about getting the money back from me when I didnt say I would pay him back. So, he is holding my laptop hostage. I do have proof of what my laptop cost me. What should I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nelliann said:
What is the name of your state?IL, I am in Il and my older brother is in Ca. After numerous attemps to ask him to send me my laptop, that I left behind. He has not sent it to me. We agreed I would send him the money to ship it to me. And I did. I know he received the money by confirmation mail. He then called me to argue about 'money he feels I owe him. He had bought tickets for me and my son to visit him, but they were for the wrong dates. That was over 3 years ago. At that time he said it was fine and he would take it as a loss. Now, he is concerned about getting the money back from me when I didnt say I would pay him back. So, he is holding my laptop hostage. I do have proof of what my laptop cost me. What should I do?

My response:

What would you LIKE to do?

IAAL

J

jamesmeyer

nelliann said:
Pay HIM Back first it's only right

J

jamesmeyer

Owe Brother !!

You are not telling us enough about what you owe to your brother.

N

nelliann

jamesmeyer said:
You are not telling us enough about what you owe to your brother.
I dont owe him anything!!! He is sayin that since I was talking about the money he owes me for fixing his botched job on my car, that he would mention about the money he lost when I couldn't come out there. I didnt ask him to sendthe tickets.. he had already paid for them and sent them to me. All he asked was ...will you be able to come out? and I gave him the time frame. When i received the tickets they were for the wrong dates. It stead of him using the money he owes me to send my laptop, we agreed for me to send him the money. That way it was no inconvience on his part to take away money from him to pay or do whatever he does in California.

N

nelliann

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

What would you LIKE to do?

IAAL
i would like to do everything possible short of having to go to California to file a law suit. If I do that, I might as well just go pick it up. And that is an expensive trip. It's easier and more inexpensive for him to just send it.

N

nelliann

racer72 said:
Guess what? If you want your computer, put on your traveling shoes. Have a nice trip.

Figured as much... thank you all for your replies.

Happy Trails

nelliann said:
**Do you have another family member or a friend there that can get it and then send it to you?

How much money does the brother say you owe him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">