• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My collection agency is ignoring me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

o3221o

Please help!! Any advice is appreciated!!! (California)

I was involved in an accident and won the case in a small claim court. The judgement debtor never made effort to pay the debt, so I found a debt collection agency to handle my case.

More than a year has passed since I handed my case over to the collection agency. They never tried to contact me or tell me what they're doing with the case. Every time I email them, they just stall me by saying that they're going to do something in the next couple of weeks, which always end up in months of not hearing from them until I ask them again, and it just repeats over and over.

I tried canceling the contract with them, and now I found out that I have to pay them $150 to have them assign the rights back to me. After that, they just stopped responding to my emails and phone calls.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do about this situation. Is filing a complaint with the FTC the only thing I can do right now? :confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">