• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gotmyown3

What is the name of your state? AL but my daughter is in MS

My daughter was engaged to be married and the wedding was set set for this August. Her fiance told her two days ago that he could not marry her because while she was at work (she is a nurse) he was paying a visit to a female co-worker of his and yep, you guessed it, the girl is now pregnant. Needless to say, my daughter is crushed.

Her father and I are divorced, but we both agree that she should return the engagement ring and the wedding presents they have already received. Her father gave them $1000 as a wedding present. He wants her ex-fiance to repay him $500 of it. My daughter wrote him a check for $500 this morning, without him asking her for it. She is very angry and wants to sue the ex-fiance for breach of promise, and half of the expense for everything. She made a loan in her name through the credit union because they were getting married at a resort in Panama City and it had to be all paid by the end of May.

Can she sue him for breach of promise? Can he be sued for half of the expense she has now incurred for a wedding that won't happen? Her father wants him to repay the $500.
I know anybody can sue anybody for anything, but is $500 too small an amount to bother the court about?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">