• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Dog bite someone , now what happens?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cndkaraokedjss

What is the name of your state? New Jersey .. The dog was on our porch alone as our youngest daughter left her there and went to play ..Dog got off porch and bit.. Fist night we took the man to the hospital ,,but he didn't stay there ..He called and said he was ok .. next day he went to the hospital claiming much pain ,, was one small bite and ,,now he wan'ts 100 dollars for medication and his hospital bill pain ,,,I will pay it ,,soon as I can I can't even afford to buy food so well right now ,,but I understand this is my responsibility ,,, thing is what else can he ask for ,,, how much will he be able to sue us for ??? I'm lost and scared ,,and will someone come and get the dog ,,she has her shots ,,thanks for your help ,,carol & Kids

JETX

Simply, you are responsible for any and ALL expenses that he can claim, including pain and suffering, lost wages, etc. If you are going to pay him the $100 you say, be sure to get him to sign a release of any further claims to the incident.... include the date and location where this happened.

C

cndkaraokedjss

dog bite

THanks for your help and quick responce ,,,,the update is I paid 100 for his meds and gave him 60 for pain and suffering wich he signed off on ,,,,buthe is now harrassing us for the ospital bill which is over 1,000 dollars ,,,, I don't have a penny ,,but we told him to bring us the bill and we'd have it put in our name and we'd pay it as we can which he is refusing to do ,,,,,,,,he want us to had him and not even take it to the hospital 100 a week ,,,,he said he'd take it there hiself ,,,,,,,,well what I think is he needs more beer and while he would show us a bill ,,,,the money will go in his pocket and not the hospital's ,,,,,,,,,so I don't know what will happen from here bt have have no more to give him and he signed off on the 160 ,,,,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">