• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my dog was stolen. filed case in illinois now my ex moved to indiana with my dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbhard32

I live in Massachusetts. My Ex stole my dog and moved to her parents in Illinois. And then broke up with me. I drove out there to try to obtain my property in April and she hid my dog and told me to take her to court. I drove back out in August and filed a replevin in illinois for return of my dog by my ex because she was living and still works in cook county. I found out after i filed that my ex had moved to indiana and my dog is there for now************** I didnt have an exact address so i gave the sheriff her work address in cook co. Illinois and she was served the notice there. I am concerned that after i win my case in illinos that i will have trouble getting my dog back because she is now in Indiana. Will i be able to enforce a judgement of replevin from Illinois in indiana and get my dog back? The issue is that she has been bouncing back and fourth between indiana and illinois so if i switch the venue now she would just move my dog again.

quincy

I live in Massachusetts. My Ex stole my dog and moved to her parents in Illinois. And then broke up with me. I drove out there to try to obtain my property in April and she hid my dog and told me to take her to court. I drove back out in August and filed a replevin in illinois for return of my dog by my ex because she was living and still works in cook county. I found out after i filed that my ex had moved to indiana and my dog is there for now************** I didnt have an exact address so i gave the sheriff her work address in cook co. Illinois and she was served the notice there. I am concerned that after i win my case in illinos that i will have trouble getting my dog back because she is now in Indiana. Will i be able to enforce a judgement of replevin from Illinois in indiana and get my dog back? The issue is that she has been bouncing back and fourth between indiana and illinois so if i switch the venue now she would just move my dog again.
Ah. You decided to start a new thread instead of adding content to your other thread. Okay.

Before determining if you can enforce a judgment, you will need to have a judgment to enforce. This may not be easy. What sort of proof do you have of ownership?

LdiJ

You may not understand why I am asking this, but I am asking it for a reason. WHY did she steal your dog?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">