• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My dog was stolen and need a court ordered paternity test. How do I get one?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suprachic83

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My dog was stolen when she was a 5 week old puppy and I have the mother, father and sister of that dog. I am now getting 3 different people with information about who stole our dog 4 months later. I have went to her house and saw my dog to confirm it was her. Also She is a pet sitter for a living and was watching my neighbor's dog the day my dog was stolen.
I am setting up a sting operation where she will come to my friend's house with her dogs so I can meet them before she "watches mine" and will just pick up my dog and tell her to leave.
I need to know, if this doesnt work how can I get a court ordered paternity test on this dog since I have all the relatives? Thanks in advance!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My dog was stolen when she was a 5 week old puppy and I have the mother, father and sister of that dog. I am now getting 3 different people with information about who stole our dog 4 months later. I have went to her house and saw my dog to confirm it was her. Also She is a pet sitter for a living and was watching my neighbor's dog the day my dog was stolen.
I am setting up a sting operation where she will come to my friend's house with her dogs so I can meet them before she "watches mine" and will just pick up my dog and tell her to leave.
I need to know, if this doesnt work how can I get a court ordered paternity test on this dog since I have all the relatives? Thanks in advance!
Taking the law into your own hands is not a good idea. Dogs are considered property. You should call the police if you have not already done that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yep, I can definitely see police involvement on that one - with YOU being the one getting in trouble.

suprachic83

Well i understnd that and that is why i ask how to get a court ordered paternity test for the dog she stole from me?

Antigone*

Well i understnd that and that is why i ask how to get a court ordered paternity test for the dog she stole from me?
You need to ask the detective that will be assigned to the case, once you've filed your police report. It should all be part of the investigation.

suprachic83

I am guess i am going to have to steal it back because this will take much much too long. I have several witnesses that have given me info about this lady. they say they will testify against her if necessary.

Antigone*

I am guess i am going to have to steal it back because this will take much much too long. I have several witnesses that have given me info about this lady. they say they will testify against her if necessary.
Make sure you have a lawyer on retainer. If you steal the dog, you will need one.

Silverplum

It's always brilliant to announce your intent in advance. Kind of a pre-confession.

:rolleyes:

If you don't plan to handle your matter in a legal fashion, then take it someplace else. No one here will help you or encourage you to break the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">