• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My gf mom stole all her bank money, need help plz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ariza

Hello people, I’m writing this for my girlfriend and well…. the problem is that from when she was 16 until she was 18 she had a job working at a retail company. The problem is that every check she had, she gave to her mother to put into a bank, which was under her mothers account, but her name was under it too but she couldn’t touch the money. Well she no longer is in good terms wit her mother and doesn’t live wit her anymore. She is 21 and wants her money but her mom will not give it to her. We just found out that her mom closed the account sometime within the last 2 months. What does she do to get her money that she worked for? The money in the account isn’t just from the job she had but also money from a car crash, were she was hurt from. Since she was under aged, she couldn’t get the money from that accident, so her mother got it but she was supposed to get that money when she hit 18yrs. We are in New Jersey by the way. We are not sure where to begin to prove how to prove that the car accident money was for her cause she has no paper work at all since her mom has them. About the money she worked for 3rys, we will try to get her past W2 forums but I’m not sure how we could obtain that. If there’s any tips or suggesting you guys have to help her get her help is very much appreciated.

thank you

ariza

problem is she can sue for the 3grand in small claims but the 3yrs she worked equals around 30k. Im sure small claims is capped around 4k. Are plaintiffs able to use lawyers thats the courts provides for free? Cause i alsways thought thats for defendets only. Im not too sure cause she cant afford a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">