• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husbands sister owes us the auto insurance money we paid for her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

napolims445

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
We had paid for my husbands sister's(right now in texas but b4 that she was in another state and for most part it was her own car we paid for and before that we paid for her insurance to drive rental car) auto insurance as she was combined as a third driver on our auto insurance since 2007 april to feb 2009. For some part of this duration we have proof that we paid and we never got our payment from her (like my insurance can provide proof that we paid for her too and in my bank accounts we dont see any check for that during that period- i 'm not sure if this is proof enough to recover money through what or go to small claims court )
we dont have any written proof telling that she will return our money back paid for auto insurance.
So what is my stand here ? how do i recover my money if she does not respond to my phone calls and emails?
and how much is it going to cost me in terms of time and money in case if i have to hire an attorney?
and should i hire an attorney or what are my other options?

Thanks for all your advice in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">