• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Question Searching Answers.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngelWebb

What is the name of your state? Texas

I just received two letters today for Issuance of Bad Checks. I'm not here to complain It wasn't my fault, truth is, I let a scam get a hold of my banking account from my debit card. (it was for a credit card, come to find out from RippOffReport they were indeed a scam and lesson learned!) I had 4 checks in total bounce from my banking account due to this. I have paid TWO already, apparently; I did not pay the other two off in time (with in a month.) Now, my question pertains to, What is the worst to happen for a first offense of issuance of bad check ?
Possibly, can I tell the Judge about my full intentions of paying these debts along with the fact that I have paid two other bounced checks due to my ignorance of being involved in a scam and granted leadway to pay the debts without serious repercussions (except for the judgment of course)? It isn't that I completely lost all responsibility towards my debt. It is that I got caught up with many other young people encounter, The typical Scam of being promised a credit card, which has been a nightmare!

Thank you,
Angel Webb

S

seniorjudge

"...Possibly, can I tell the Judge about my full intentions of paying these debts along with the fact that I have paid two other bounced checks due to my ignorance of being involved in a scam and granted leadway to pay the debts without serious repercussions (except for the judgment of course)? It isn't that I completely lost all responsibility towards my debt. It is that I got caught up with many other young people encounter, The typical Scam of being promised a credit card, which has been a nightmare!..."

Gather up all the documentation you can, go to court and plead guilty and ask his honor if you could PLEASE make an explanation and then show the judge how you got scammed.

If you make your presentation and can CLEARLY show the judge what is going on and you have some dough to pay on your bad checks, maybe you will get a break.

I do not know what will happen. Let us know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">