• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nasty "Loan"/Lien Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KeriAnnie

I live in Oklahoma.

My mother-in-law orginally agreed to help my husband by providing cash in order to help him pay off his legal fees from his divorce and his last three car payments. He agreed to pay her back as he could. However, "as he could" wasn't good enough for her anymore when she discovered that he was marrying me.

The mother-in-law tried to trick my husband out of the title to is car in order to put a lien on it. When he was not convinced, he simply told her he "lost it." He even filled out a lost title form knowing that it would be mailed back to him anyway. When it was mailed back, she had changed the address to her own. Even though it was addressed to him, she opened the title, stole it, and put a lien on it. We have no contracts with this woman as she was NOT going to try to turn it around on him.

Here we have it: stolen title, fraudulent lien...

I called the Oklahoma Tax Commission, and they told me it was out of their hands.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">