• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadvice1975

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana
i am getting sued for more money than i make in a year. there is no way that i can repay this in a timely manner. the only job i have been able to find in part time and that barely helps cover the bills. other than filing bankruptcy, is there anything else that could help me here. we also can not afford to have our accounts frozen. please help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

dolebot

The only way to prevent a bank garnishment is to not do your business with the bank. Seriously if your about to be garnished - don't put your money there.

You still owe the money and the sheriff will probably come to seize your assets eventually.

If the amount you owe far exceeds the amount you can conceivably make, then bankruptcy is a way to make your life livable again. This debt may or may not be included in the bankruptcy. I don't know the specifics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">