• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice ASAP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sillytigger

What is the name of your state? GA

I have a few questions and need some legal advice... I made a loan to a "mutual friend" of my boyfriend and I in April. I have the cashiers check where I paid the amount loaned. I had to pay the amount in his name so my name isn't on the check but it is from my personal bank and he doesn't have an account there. The loan was for $1,590.00 to pay back rent. The guy verbally agreed the night before to pay us back (we had to move into his extra room the week before due to some other personal problems) when his taxes came back. Well, his taxes didn't come back, something to do with his ex wife. We saw the amount he was getting back it would have covered it. So the next agreement was that he would pay the whole rent amount (which he had been doing for the past 4 months) and would deduct our share from what he owes. ($350 each month). So we'd be paid back in about 5 months give or take. Fine by us. Well, month #1 of this agreement, May, he didn't pay rent at all. We saw notices from the landlord laying around and he didn't tell us. Then on May 31st we saw a note (that he laid out so we'd find it) stating that if he didn't leave by 830 am that day, then he'd be evicted. My boyfriend and I moved out and got an apt by ourselves that same day. What I didn't mention is that he said that if we write something up he'd sign it saying he owed us. I just want to know what exactly to write. He works in the same co. as my bf so it's not like he's disappeared. They make $22 an hour and now w/ him not having to pay rent he can pay me back in a month. Any advice. I've typed something up just don't know if it's binding.

sillytigger

Update...

I typed up a document for him to sign w/ a specified time frame, he signed it... It was also notorized. Also, he has paid the first payment. So, if he misses as per our agreement this weeks payment I can take him to court. Just an update!!! Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">