• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice, Loaned friend money, going to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wont loan again

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi there, I was reading some posts by others and i believe i have a case. I just wanted advice to make sure.

I agreed to do a loan finance with a friend when she found out i needed to do one. My friend offerred to take care of it for me. It took a month or so and all the information went through. She was my loan officer and her name is all over the refinance documents. Soon after my cash out was deposited she begged me for a loan to pay her rent of 900 dollars she was late in paying. She had told me she was fired from the before mentoned job and needed money or she would be evicted. I thought about getting her to sign something, but she gave me her "word" she would pay me back. She pressured me in a hurry to give her cash that day because the apartment people wanted cash. I wanted to write a check, but she again stated she needed cash on that day.

My friend used her position in her job (knowing my banking info and amt refinanced and cash out to her benefit), to then beg for a loan. Her name is all over my loan documents. I have my bank statement showing the cash withdrawl and dates. I also have my husband as a witness, he was involved in it to. He was present when she asked and susequently refused to pay us, saying she couldnt afford it. We pressured her for months....she agreed to pay in a few months. It's is now a year later and the last time we called her, she said she would never talk to us again and she was tired of hearing about it and wanted us to drop it.

I have my loan documents, my bank statement, my husband is a witness, I even have an email of our mutual friend saying she tried to get her to pay us something, with no sucess. Do i have a case or am i SOL? I want to file in small claims court about it. I have seen other people on court tv win with less evidence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">