• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice! Wrongfull termination and not payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oksana87

Hello,

I am looking for any legal advice on how to proceed:confused:
I worked as a babysitter through the Aupair Program for the host family about 1.5 years. In April this host family was owe me payback the lumpsum of but at the beginning of March without any notice when I was away on weekend the host family through out all my belongings in front of the door of my friend.

I was pretty much left on street without any reason. At this time this family refuse to pay me the money they owed!!!. I am asking legal assistance in this matter to return my money and the moral damages to myself and my friend since I was left pretty much on a street and half of my stuff was missing. My friend asking the moral damages also from them since all my belongins was left in private property in front of his door without his permission whatsoever.

Please advise on how to proceed?:confused::eek:
Thank you!

oksana87

Hello,

I am looking for any legal advice on how to proceed:confused:
I worked as a babysitter through the Aupair Program for the host family about 1.5 years. In April this host family was owe me payback the lumpsum of but at the beginning of March without any notice when I was away on weekend the host family through out all my belongings in front of the door of my friend.

I was pretty much left on street without any reason. At this time this family refuse to pay me the money they owed!!!. I am asking legal assistance in this matter to return my money and the moral damages to myself and my friend since I was left pretty much on a street and half of my stuff was missing. My friend asking the moral damages also from them since all my belongins was left in private property in front of his door without his permission whatsoever.

Please advise on how to proceed?:confused::eek:
Thank you!

My State Law is: DE

dolebot

I think it is advisable to contact an attorney.

Just a note - what happened to you is not "wrongful termination" - that usually happens when discrimination is a factor.

Most states in the USA follow the doctrine that employees work-at-will of the other party and employers work-at-will of the employee. SO you are free to leave that relationship at any time.

That your personal property got all caught up in it - is exactly why I don't work those kinds of jobs. No way is my boss gonna tell me where and when I live.

It's probably legal to fire you - it's probably not legal to evict you like that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">