• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nine2five

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?california..

hi im from cali and i am stuck in a horrible situation..first it starts like this i bought my friends car for 1100 dollors.and then a week later i traded the car to another friend for another car plus he gave 200 on top..then i was driving the car without a liscence and the car got impounded for 30 days.since i wasnt the registered owner yet i asked my friend to help me get it out because i need him to get the release..but instead behind my back he got the car out and it only costed him 750 to get it out and now he wants me to give him 2000 dollors to give it back to me.the problem is, is that he gave me the pink slip and not a bill of sale.he had already sold the car that i gave him and now he is trying to make more money off the car i just want my car back what can i do to get it back cause he is trying to say he never gave me the car..i have a witness who was there when he handed me the pink slip...and he made a bill of sale saying that he sold my other car to my other friend and i have a bill of sale saying i bought the first car so can he get away with this please help.....

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">