• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help to sue my ex-gf!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ianc1203

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I'm almost ready to sue my ex-gf for 1500$ which she borrowed from me and never paid back. The only thing I need is her address in order to file my complaint. I heard that you can look up an address somehow using tax forms. How would I do something like this? Or is there another way to find an address? Please help!

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I'm almost ready to sue my ex-gf for 1500$ which she borrowed from me and never paid back. The only thing I need is her address in order to file my complaint. I heard that you can look up an address somehow using tax forms. How would I do something like this? Or is there another way to find an address? Please help!

Friends/relatives/social networking sites/PI/phone book etc.,

I don't see how you could obtain access to any of her tax information.

Please bear in mind too, that many (if not most) small claims judgments remain uncollected. Getting the judgment is the easy part - collecting on it is another matter entirely.

ianc1203

Proof generally helps, when going before the court.
Right, I feel pretty good about the actual case, I just cant even get the case started without her address :/ Do those sites that make you pay for that kind of information even work? I'm having a very difficult time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">