• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help on what to do!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jrm2389

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga

Alright, here's what happened.
I was out looking for a vehicle, and came across a Camaro. So, I took my dad out there, we purchased it. Me and my brother went to pick it up, I drove it home and let it sit until my dad got back from out of town.

So, the guy tells us only that the shifter needs a cable. So, were like alright, sounds fair enough. But we ask a few questions about the vehicle.
The most important one was:
"Is there anything wrong with the engine?"
He distincly says no, there is nothing wrong with the engine at all. It is perfectly fine.
So, ok we try to go get emissions done, which was only 7 1/2 miles up the road.
We get there, the guy trys to test it, but all of a sudden the engine starts smoking and the emissions guy says "You'll be lucky to drive it home without the engine blowing.

So, my question is:
What can I do? I've done some research about this and supposedly it is considered fraud for what he done to us. He did not say that the engine was smoking, all he said was that it is perfectly fine and we would not have any problems wrong with the car except for what he had already pointed out. Which was the cable to tranny.

So, is it possible for me to take him to court and either get my money back? Or go get the engine fixed and take the reciept to the court and have him pay us back for the costs of repair?

I'm really stumped not sure what to do, and highly irritated that he would not tell us something as important as that.

Thanks in advance!

jdawg83

Depending on the dollar amount either take him to small claims or get a lawyer. You have to be able to prove that he said what he said and that you personally didn't cause the damages that you are upset about, and no the court isn't just going to take your word for it.

IF you do go to Small Claims you won't be able to be represented by a lawyer, in most areas small claims are informal and lawyers aren't admitted. Just research what fraud is defined as in your local state laws and if Lemon Laws apply to your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">