• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amandaandmarty

What is the name of your state? west virginia

i had let my sister and her husband take over payments on my vehicleand they are not paying payments on time it is just a mess and now i have heard from my dad that they are giving the car back to me and i am wondering are they allowed to just give it back a week before the payment is due and also can i go go get the car. thank you

lwpat

"i had let my sister and her husband take over payments"

Was the loan transferred into their name or is it still in yours?

"can i go go get the car."

Whose name is on the title?

A

amandaandmarty

lwpat said:
"i had let my sister and her husband take over payments"

Was the loan transferred into their name or is it still in yours?

"can i go go get the car."

Whose name is on the title?

The loan is still in me and my husbands name and it is registered to me and my husband they do have insurance in there name for the vehicle and also can i sue for the payment for this month or not

A

amandaandmarty

amandaandmarty said:
The loan is still in me and my husbands name and it is registered to me and my husband they do have insurance in there name for the vehicle and also can i sue for the payment for this month or not
i am also wondering since they had replaced some parts like tires and etc.. do they have the right to take off there parts even if they cant replaced the parts i had on there because they said they would take the tires and everything off from it

lwpat

"The loan is still in me and my husbands name and it is registered to me and my husband "

Then you are the legal owners of the vehicle and can go and get your property. You will need to obtain insurance.

"can i sue for the payment for this month or not"

This is America, you can sue anyone you like. I have no idea of the agreement between you and your sister. If you go to court you will present any evidence that you may have and the judge will decide.

What you have done is not a good idea for either party. If they make the payments and pay off the car it is still yours and you can take it back. If the loan is more than what the car is worth and the car is wrecked then the insurance will only pay the value of the car and you will be on the hook for the difference. Next time do a legal transfer and have them get their own loan.

NOTICE- The author of this post is not an attorney. The
information presented here is the result of the authors
research and thirty years experience in the legal codes,
cases and practices of the States of North and South Carolina,
and the county in which author resides and is for general
information only. Be advised the legal codes, cases, and
practices of any other state or county could vary greatly.
If you need legal advice contact an attorney.

A

amandaandmarty

lwpat said:
"The loan is still in me and my husbands name and it is registered to me and my husband "

Then you are the legal owners of the vehicle and can go and get your property. You will need to obtain insurance.

"can i sue for the payment for this month or not"

This is America, you can sue anyone you like. I have no idea of the agreement between you and your sister. If you go to court you will present any evidence that you may have and the judge will decide.

What you have done is not a good idea for either party. If they make the payments and pay off the car it is still yours and you can take it back. If the loan is more than what the car is worth and the car is wrecked then the insurance will only pay the value of the car and you will be on the hook for the difference. Next time do a legal transfer and have them get their own loan.

Can they take the parts off they replaced or do they have to leave them since they cant put my parts back on

NOTICE- The author of this post is not an attorney. The
information presented here is the result of the authors
research and thirty years experience in the legal codes,
cases and practices of the States of North and South Carolina,
and the county in which author resides and is for general
information only. Be advised the legal codes, cases, and
practices of any other state or county could vary greatly.
If you need legal advice contact an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">