• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need To Know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chel7

What is the name of your state? the name of my state is north carolina. I would like to know if i have to give personal items back to my old boyfriend after we split up and he ask me to keep them stored at my place because he had no placed to put them when i put him out? now he wants me to give him his things without paying me anything for storage. he was given his clothes and asked to get everything then, but he didn't. i had 3 witnesses present at my home when he came to get the clothes. he called me and i said take me to court. i want to know if i am wrong because i feel that he couldn't have left his things anywhere else free of charge and then pick them up and not owe anything. we lived together. he paid some bills as well as i, but he has been out of my house for over 9 months and now he's brothering me for things.

JETX

"I would like to know if i have to give personal items back to my old boyfriend after we split up and he ask me to keep them stored at my place because he had no placed to put them when i put him out? now he wants me to give him his things without paying me anything for storage."
*** It is clear from your post that you had agreed to store some of his property. As such it is his and he has the right to recovery. However, unless there was a previous agreement as to storage fees, duration, etc., you cannot impose them now and should have resolved them at the time.

Let him come get his property and get a receipt. Put this behind you and move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">