• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to know how to get my car back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fixergal

What is the name of your state (AR)?
I sold my car to an aquaintance gave him a bill of sale, no title, he agreed to pay $1000. on Dec. 15th, he paid nothing, on 1-2-09 I went to him and told him I was going to Repo it, he paid me $400.00 and said he would pay the balance of the $1000. in 1 week, he has not paid me anything, the pr. was $3400. for the car. I called the city police, they said next time he drives the car to work, call them and they will assist, so no problems will happen. Today I did just that, the guy said will I did not give him the title, I had the title but did not have a lein on it so the police said I had to leave his place of business, without my car or money. I have gone and had the lein put on the car, talked to a lawyer, he said I needed to take him to small claim court, which is not until Aug. 09. He will have the car destroyed by then, he lives in the county, my question is if I hire a repo man to get my car in the county, can I get into any trouble with the city police? OR WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP ME.

Last edited:

BL

It's a civil matter , you were told you had to sue for your money .

How can he be driving it without the title / transfer , etc . ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">