• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Legal Advice - Issue Between Friends is Southbound

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jgreer2002

What is the name of your state? Texas
A friend had planned a trip out of state and now has retracted his offer and I have already paid my portion to him towards the trip using paypal. When I disputed the charge after he retracted the offer paypal advised me that its over 30 days and they cannot help me. This transaction took place in early June...What can I do to recover my funds? I would prefer to avoid small claims court because the amount is only around $400 but also feel I have a right to this money since its mine. Note: He is not responding to my attempts to communicate with him.

JETX

Unless you want to contact me off forum and I can give you the number to call "Vito the Enforcer", your only real option is to file a small claims action against him.
But due to the lack of any details, we can't tell if you have a case or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">