• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need a little help with getting judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

albertldee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Ft Lauderdale Florida

i purchase a car from someone who refuse to turn over the title after a year i sue the seller and won a judgement of $2300 because the car is still in my position the judge state once the seller paid the amount to the court i will receive a notification to turn over the vehicle
it's over 3 month now i have yet to receive the the seller fact sheet to take further action what can i do next, i have the car sitting in my yard going almost 1 1/2 now i would like to get it out of my yard and the owner dont want to pay up i know where he work he has a full time job, he also have 2 other veichel register in his name
i would like to resolved this quickly doesnt matter how much it cost

Antigone*

i purchase a car from someone who refuse to turn over the title after a year i sue the seller and won a judgement of $2300 because the car is still in my position the judge state once the seller paid the amount to the court i will receive a notification to turn over the vehicle
it's over 3 month now i have yet to receive the the seller fact sheet to take further action what can i do next, i have the car sitting in my yard going almost 1 1/2 now i would like to get it out of my yard and the owner dont want to pay up i know where he work he has a full time job, he also have 2 other veichel register in his name
The judgment debtor is not going to just hand you the money just because there is a judgment against them. You are going to have to work to enforce the judgment and collect it. You live in Florida so collection for you will be somewhat difficult. Good luck to you.

albertldee

The judgment debtor is not going to just hand you the money just because there is a judgment against them. You are going to have to work to enforce the judgment and collect it. You live in Florida so collection for you will be somewhat difficult. Good luck to you.
that's why i'm seeking advise, procedure or anything, Florida hard to collect why?

albertldee

A two-second Google search came up with this:

http://www.clerk.co.okeechobee.fl.us/PDF%20Files/How%20To%20Collect%20a%20Judgment%20In%20Florida.pdf
2 minutes into reading i realize this pdf document is over 10 year old
it does not appear you read my post, given what i mention above what is my best option and how to go about it, not how hard it is to collect in FL, i also mention i currently have the vehicle the Judge advise me to hold on to

Last edited:

jiggy78

What part of that document don't you understand? That is the procedure you should follow. Just because it's 10 years old doesn't mean it no longer applies.

There is no way you can obtain a replacement title for this vehicle?

albertldee

What part of that document don't you understand? That is the procedure you should follow. Just because it's 10 years old doesn't mean it no longer applies.

There is no way you can obtain a replacement title for this vehicle?
why is it everyone on here is more concern about what cannot be done isntead of what can be done i'm not trying to get the tile please i was offered it at pre-trial and decline,
NOTE: got some legal Advise from people in the field
1) Complete Judgemet Recorded with County
2) Complete affidavit of none compliant file (havent receive fact informataion sheet)
3) Complete record Judgment Lien with the Department of State
4) Complet spoke to BSO regarding fee. & File Writs of Executions with Cleark
5) Next in comming week will give Sherift instruction to pick Debtor Vehicle at his Job Debtor has 3 Vehicle register in his name per DMV, including the one in my possesion, i could have call Sherift to pick up vehicle currently in my possesion however after sherift fee i will not get much once vehicle is sold to cover judgement

latigo

To begin I would be most interested in reading any law from Florida or elsewhere authorizing a court of law to grant a judgment creditor a possessory lien upon personal property that is not otherwise specifically afforded by statute.

Because I don’t know how to interpret what you have written other that that the court, without legal right or precedent (IMO) attempted to award you a nonconsensual possessory lien. And apparently without any means of enforcing it - neither by statute or decree. Even a blithering idiot of a judge might know better than to give a money judgment debtor an OPTION to pay the judgment!

If I were you, I would secure from the clerk of the court a Writ of Execution on your money judgment and deliver it to the sheriff with written instructions to levy, seize and sell the vehicle according to the standard practice in enforcing any money judgment.

At which sheriff’s sale you can bid in your judgment and obtain the sheriff’s certificate of sale. Then deliver the certificate to DMV and obtain a document of title.

Another option (not recommended) would be to file a “Judgment Lien Certificate” with the Department of State. www.sunbiz.org.

But doing that would still require that the lien been enforced by levy and sale.

Also, I would submit the problem with the judgment to the Florida Judicial Qualifications Committee. To learn how go here: www.floridasupremecourt.org

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">