• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need oppinions from several people on a guarantee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dremel

Please help: Need opinions from several people on a guarantee

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Need oppinions from several people. What is you understanding of the guarantee below? How long is the puppy guaranteed against hereditary health problems? The puppy we got from the breeder has medical issues that are congenital in nature. The breeder does not feel that she is required to refund our money or give us a new puppy because we have had the dog for a year. I do not believe her vauguly written contract/guarantee clearly states the amount of time that herediatry conditions are guaranteed.

This is exactly how the document is written and appears on the signed contract, including all spelling and grammatical errors and paragraph structure.

Sales Contract and Guarantee

This puppy is certified healthy at the time of sale. Buyer will have a complete Examination within three working days. Seller is not responsible for vet charges Prior to consent nor for conditions occurring after the three days specified. Buyer will notified seller immediately of any unusual health conditions.
Buyer will be offered a replacement or money back depending on availability of a comparable puppy if hereditary by origin. Pets will be spayed or Neutered any dog sold as show or breed will be arranged with seller before sales.

Thanks for you input!

dremel

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dremel said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Need oppinions from several people. What is you understanding of this guarantee? How long is the puppy guaranteed against hereditary health problems?
This is exactly how the document is written and appears on the signed contract.

Sales Contract and Guarantee

This puppy is certified healthy at the time of sale. Buyer will have a complete Examination within three working days. Seller is not responsible for vet charges Prior to consent nor for conditions occurring after the three days specified. Buyer will notified seller immediately of any unusual health conditions.
Buyer will be offered a replacement or money back depending on availability of a comparable puppy if hereditary by origin. Pets will be spayed or Neutered any dog sold as show or breed will be arranged with seller before sales.

Thanks for you input!

My response:

I rather doubt this is the verbatim "Guarantee" because it contains grammatical and spelling errors. There are also missing words.

Additionally, we are not mind-readers. Please state your specific question or concern about the exact portion of this guarantee. What part of that "guarantee" is giving you problems?

IAAL

D

dremel

IAAL,
Yes. The guarantee is presented to you exactly as the breeder of the dog provided it to me, including all spelling and grammatical errors and paragraph structure.
The puppy we got from her has medical issues that are congenital in nature. The breeder does not feel that she is required to refund our money or give us a new puppy because we have had the dog for a year. I do not believe her vauguly written contract/guarantee clearly states the amount of time that herediatry conditions are guaranteed.

dremel

Last edited:

JETX

"The breeder does not feel that she is required to refund our money or give us a new puppy because we have had the dog for a year."
*** I disagree. The agreement as you provided it says that the buyer agrees to have a 'complete' exam done within 3 days. And though poorly written, I interpret the agreement to be that the seller is not liable for ANY medical conditions that arise after that exam (or three days). And if a problem is found, then the seller "will be offered a replacement or money back depending on availability of a comparable puppy if hereditary by origin."

So, did you do the exam within the first three days??
And was this defect found within those same three days??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">