• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need questionnaire for Information subpoena to bank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D_a_v_e

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hello,

I won a small claims case against a contractor. (He gave me a forged insurance document, and now won't return the deposit).
I want to subpoena his bank to determine assets. I have the information subpoena itself, and also a questionnaire to be sent to the debtor. What I don't have is a questionnaire to send to a bank. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Dave

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hello,

I won a small claims case against a contractor. (He gave me a forged insurance document, and now won't return the deposit).
I want to subpoena his bank to determine assets. I have the information subpoena itself, and also a questionnaire to be sent to the debtor. What I don't have is a questionnaire to send to a bank. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Dave
Ask the clerk of the court for one .

I think there's a small fee of 2 or 3 bucks .

Be informed though , even though it states if they do not comply there could be consequences , don't hold your breath on it .

Good Luck.

D_a_v_e

Ask the clerk of the court for one .
Thanks, I'll check with them. They are very nice, but they are a very small town, and only deal with 1 or 2 small claims cases a year. They had to dig around to get me the debtors questionnaire, and she didn't seem to have any other documents.

If they don't know maybe I'll check with another local court.

Thanks again,
Dave

BL

Thanks, I'll check with them. They are very nice, but they are a very small town, and only deal with 1 or 2 small claims cases a year. They had to dig around to get me the debtors questionnaire, and she didn't seem to have any other documents.

If they don't know maybe I'll check with another local court.

Thanks again,
Dave
Remember there may be specific forms forms for NYC / NY State ? and your local courts .

You don't mention either NYC or NY State ?

Also , if there are local Legal Stores where they carry these legal forms , you might be able to pick one up there .

D_a_v_e

Remember there may be specific forms forms for NYC / NY State ? and your local courts .

You don't mention either NYC or NY State ?

Also , if there are local Legal Stores where they carry these legal forms , you might be able to pick one up there .
It's in New York State. I'll check Monday to see if they have the forms (they are closed Fridays).

Two questions: Do you know what the official name is for the form?
and second, any hints on legal stores? I've searched and don't see any
around Syracuse, NY.

Thanks,
Dave

BL

It's in New York State. I'll check Monday to see if they have the forms (they are closed Fridays).

Two questions: Do you know what the official name is for the form?
and second, any hints on legal stores? I've searched and don't see any
around Syracuse, NY.

Thanks,
Dave

Under miscellaneous : Information subpoena

5th JD - Syracuse City Court Fees

I can't answer your second question . Try the yellow page for legal services of some sort and ask around . If the court clerks do not have them , ask around there , but the clerks should have them .

Some stationery stores also sell information subpoena forms.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">