• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some Advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdm465

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am asking this for my In-laws...The other day, they bought a dog from a person who advertised in the paper. They paid $50 for a mixed breed. After having it a few days, they noticed the animal wasnt doing really good, and they took it to the Vet. There they learned the dog has an intestinal disease, and has about a 20% chance of living. So upon learning this news, my father-in-law tried to call the lady who sold them the dog on several occasions. Needless to say, she never answered the phone or returned they're calls.
So my brother-in-law tried to take the dog back to the lady and explain the situation to her, (being she probably knew of the dogs illness when she sold it.) She then threatened my inlaws saying she was going to have my Father-in-law arrested for all the phone calls he made and also have my brother-in-law arrested for trespassing.
What are my inlaws legal rights, and also does this lady have any rights as well ? And is there anyway they can get they're money back from this woman, as well as Vet costs?

HomeGuru

mdm465 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am asking this for my In-laws...The other day, they bought a dog from a person who advertised in the paper. They paid $50 for a mixed breed. After having it a few days, they noticed the animal wasnt doing really good, and they took it to the Vet. There they learned the dog has an intestinal disease, and has about a 20% chance of living. So upon learning this news, my father-in-law tried to call the lady who sold them the dog on several occasions. Needless to say, she never answered the phone or returned they're calls.
So my brother-in-law tried to take the dog back to the lady and explain the situation to her, (being she probably knew of the dogs illness when she sold it.) She then threatened my inlaws saying she was going to have my Father-in-law arrested for all the phone calls he made and also have my brother-in-law arrested for trespassing.
What are my inlaws legal rights, and also does this lady have any rights as well ? And is there anyway they can get they're money back from this woman, as well as Vet costs?
**A: for $50 bucks, I would just drop it.

mdm465

Yes, I agree... But i was mostly worried about any potential crimal charges that she could try and persue. Does she have any rights to do anything? Or is she just blowing smoke? My inlaws are not threatening people by any means, and I seriously doubt they would threaten anyone, especially over a dog.

BelizeBreeze

mdm465 said:
Yes, I agree... But i was mostly worried about any potential crimal charges that she could try and persue. Does she have any rights to do anything? Or is she just blowing smoke? My inlaws are not threatening people by any means, and I seriously doubt they would threaten anyone, especially over a dog.
The seller is full of dog crap.

HomeGuru

mdm465 said:
**A: this is a civil matter and not criminal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">