• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some help please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lizflores606

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Hello to all, Im new to this fourm and really need some help!!
I recently recieved a letter from my son's past daycare providers lawyer stating that my account was seriously past due. The dates of care was from 1/9/2009 to 2/4/2009. As of now iam looking up reciepts because i know that i had paid between 1/9 and 1/23. But i will state that I did not pay after that because my child was sick and ended up in the hospital because he had contacted MRSA. The infection was so bad that he had to have surgery to drain the abscess on his buttock and then have the wound packed with sterile dressing twice aday untill the wound was healed. I informed the owner of the day care about my childs situation and how he would not be in daycare for a while because MRSA is so contagious, and i also gave her copies of the doctors excuses as well, (her contract states as long as the parent can provide a doctors excuse they will not bill the parents for the days on excuse). Well my childs recovery took around 3 weeks before i could put him back in day care. After he returned to day care a week later he contracted MRSA again. It was on the buttocks again, this time my child was real ill, he had a fever of 103 and his white blood cell count was 30,000 (critical high for a one year old), the infection was so bad that he was in the hospital over a week. I contacted the day care owner and told her what happend and i would not be brinig my child back. I have only been contacted by the owner once in a year and a half about this account, and that was a phone call to my step-mother who gave me the message. I have never recieved anything in writing from the day care. So what should i do? I have the records to prove that my child was in the hospital and could not be around other children in that type of setting due to the fact that MRSA is highly contagious. Also i know that i had paid on some of the days where she said i did not, and i will get the reciepts to prove her otherwise.

Another thing that has me so furious is that the owner of the daycare has sent my parents a notice about the situation as well. The letter that was sent to my parents reads like she is going to sue them as well. Can they do that? They do not have custody of my kids. I have full custody of them, I work full time, im way over the age of 18 (im 30) and i only listed them as a emergency contact. So whats the deal with the daycare sending my parents a notice? Am i not allowed any type of privacy about who is taking me to court??? Please help!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

Hello to all, Im new to this fourm and really need some help!!
I recently recieved a letter from my son's past daycare providers lawyer stating that my account was seriously past due. The dates of care was from 1/9/2009 to 2/4/2009. As of now iam looking up reciepts because i know that i had paid between 1/9 and 1/23. But i will state that I did not pay after that because my child was sick and ended up in the hospital because he had contacted MRSA. The infection was so bad that he had to have surgery to drain the abscess on his buttock and then have the wound packed with sterile dressing twice aday untill the wound was healed. I informed the owner of the day care about my childs situation and how he would not be in daycare for a while because MRSA is so contagious, and i also gave her copies of the doctors excuses as well, (her contract states as long as the parent can provide a doctors excuse they will not bill the parents for the days on excuse). Well my childs recovery took around 3 weeks before i could put him back in day care. After he returned to day care a week later he contracted MRSA again. It was on the buttocks again, this time my child was real ill, he had a fever of 103 and his white blood cell count was 30,000 (critical high for a one year old), the infection was so bad that he was in the hospital over a week. I contacted the day care owner and told her what happend and i would not be brinig my child back. I have only been contacted by the owner once in a year and a half about this account, and that was a phone call to my step-mother who gave me the message. I have never recieved anything in writing from the day care. So what should i do? I have the records to prove that my child was in the hospital and could not be around other children in that type of setting due to the fact that MRSA is highly contagious. Also i know that i had paid on some of the days where she said i did not, and i will get the reciepts to prove her otherwise.

Another thing that has me so furious is that the owner of the daycare has sent my parents a notice about the situation as well. The letter that was sent to my parents reads like she is going to sue them as well. Can they do that? They do not have custody of my kids. I have full custody of them, I work full time, im way over the age of 18 (im 30) and i only listed them as a emergency contact. So whats the deal with the daycare sending my parents a notice? Am i not allowed any type of privacy about who is taking me to court??? Please help!

It is not against the law for the day care provider to let your parents know that they are trying to collect from you.

When they sue you, take all your evidence and present your case.

Some Random Guy

Read the agreement you signed when you began sending your child to that daycare. It may state that you need to pay every week or month that your child is enrolled at the daycare, regardless of whether they are present or gone due to vacation/illness.

davidmcbeth3

Most do have this in their contract

Read the agreement you signed when you began sending your child to that daycare. It may state that you need to pay every week or month that your child is enrolled at the daycare, regardless of whether they are present or gone due to vacation/illness.

I'm surprised they still have you kid in their daycare...after being overdue, most would have not accepted him in the daycare.

Some states require notification to other parents of diseases present ...

Post the contract here and the letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">