• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a witnesses testimony who can't make it to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wendenator

What is the name of your state? California

I need the testimony of a particular witness who can't make it to court on the day of the case. Is there a particular form or possibly a template of some kind that will help my witness state the facts? Do we need to have it notarized or signed by some official so that it is admissible in court? What type of document is admissible if the witness is absent and what is it called? Thank you.

:confused:What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

wendenator said:
What is the name of your state? California

I need the testimony of a particular witness who can't make it to court on the day of the case. Is there a particular form or possibly a template of some kind that will help my witness state the facts? Do we need to have it notarized or signed by some official so that it is admissible in court? What type of document is admissible if the witness is absent and what is it called? Thank you.

:confused:What is the name of your state?
And how will the other side cross-examine your witness?

Do a deposition beforehand to preserve the testimony and give the other side a chance to ask questions. It should cost you (if you get it cheap) around $500 or $600.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">