• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor dispute/vet bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AUStudent

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I have some obnoxious neighbors that rent the other side of a duplex that is owned by my father. We share a backyard. Over christmas while I was away they decided to break glass bottles all over the yard. I have asked them politely to pick it up but they refused. Then today, my dog was in the yard and cut his foot in half on a shard of glass. The foot had to be repaired surgically and cost me over $200 in vet bills. Is this money recoverable from my neighbors? If so, should i take pictures of the broken glass and trash they have thrown in the yard before confronting them with the bill as proof? What action should I take if they refuse to cooperate?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

AUStudent said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I have some obnoxious neighbors that rent the other side of a duplex that is owned by my father. We share a backyard. Over christmas while I was away they decided to break glass bottles all over the yard. I have asked them politely to pick it up but they refused. Then today, my dog was in the yard and cut his foot in half on a shard of glass. The foot had to be repaired surgically and cost me over $200 in vet bills. Is this money recoverable from my neighbors? If so, should i take pictures of the broken glass and trash they have thrown in the yard before confronting them with the bill as proof? What action should I take if they refuse to cooperate?

My response:

Why would you purposefully, and knowingly, put your dog in the yard when you KNEW, or should and could have known, that "shards of glass" were in the yard?

You're at fault for your own negligence. The glass pick-up and clean up are one thing, but your vet bills, caused by you, are a totally different matter.

A judge would ask you the same thing, and then dismiss your case.

IAAL

A

AUStudent

Good point, but should I be forced to have my dog use the restroom in my house because they will not clean up their mess? Would this case have any standing if I was unaware of the glass before the injury? Thanks for the help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

AUStudent said:
Good point, but should I be forced to have my dog use the restroom in my house because they will not clean up their mess? Would this case have any standing if I was unaware of the glass before the injury? Thanks for the help.

My response:

Yes, you should teach your dog to use a toilet.

Don't be more of an idiot that you already are, and stop wasting my time by asking me to give you "permission" to lie.

IAAL

stephenk

So from Christmas until February 13 you did absolutely NOTHING to clean up the glass? Is the glass still in the backyard? Where was your dog going to take a dump during the past 2 months?

Why dont you have your dad aka landlord, pay to clean up the mess and then bill those tenants. You did tell your dad the landlord what the other tenants did to the yard, right? Why are you involved?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
So from Christmas until February 13 you did absolutely NOTHING to clean up the glass? Is the glass still in the backyard? Where was your dog going to take a dump during the past 2 months?

Why dont you have your dad aka landlord, pay to clean up the mess and then bill those tenants. You did tell your dad the landlord what the other tenants did to the yard, right? Why are you involved?

My response:

Oh, please, Stephen. Why are you giving this idiot any credit for having any brains?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">