• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's Dog Killed My Chickens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clhend

Texas - Neighbor's dog killed 8 of my chickens this week. Seven on Wednesday, and the 8th Saturday. Got a picture of the dog in my backyard with the dead chicken in her mouth.

Have called the Sheriff/Animal Control and reported.

Can I take the owner to court to get replacement cost of 8 egg-producting, meat chickens?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Texas - Neighbor's dog killed 8 of my chickens this week. Seven on Wednesday, and the 8th Saturday. Got a picture of the dog in my backyard with the dead chicken in her mouth.

Have called the Sheriff/Animal Control and reported.

Can I take the owner to court to get replacement cost of 8 egg-producting, meat chickens?
You can take the owner to court to reimburse you for the cost of the chickens you lost.

mauee20

Sorry about your birds. I have also had this happen and it stinks. But what is a chicken worth ? I paid around $2.00 per chick this spring at the feed store. Suing for $20 worth of birds isn't worth the effort. Have you talked with the dogs owner? Perhaps he will pay to replace them if you ask?

But.....something to consider....where I live you can shoot and kill a dog that is on your property. Personally, I haven't done this but I have "detained" a couple and let animal control come get them. I am so sick of the dog roaming bs where I live that we put up a 7 foot game fence that keeps the dogs out of the chicken yard.

Mauee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">