• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors dog killing our animals, looking for compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rebeccadonald

WA State

We have lost a lot of animals to our neighbors dogs. We are hoping to get compensation for the animals we've lost and are wondering what our legal rights are and what info we need to take them to small claims court. we've tried talking to them and they told us we would have to take them to court...So here we are. We've lost $500 worth of animals and I've heard you can get up to 3 times the worth of your animals if you win in court, just not sure if that's true and what kind of proof you need to have

Last edited:

quincy

WA State

We have lost a lot of animals to our neighbors dogs. We are hoping to get compensation for the animals we've lost and are wondering what our legal rights are and what info we need to take them to small claims court. we've tried talking to them and they told us we would have to take them to court...So here we are. We've lost $500 worth of animals and I've heard you can get up to 3 times the worth of your animals if you win in court, just not sure if that's true and what kind of proof you need to have
What sort of animals did you have? Were these animals on your property at the time they were killed or did they wander onto your neighbor's property?

Have you reported to the police the death of your animals, and the dogs' role in their death?

Last edited:

adjusterjack

WA State

Ditto. More details needed.

As for "proof" you need a witness who can come to court and say "I saw that dog kill those animals."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">