• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never got my last paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slliemab

What is the name of your state? MI

Hello,
I worked for a small photography company until June 5. I was supposed to work on June 9 but my engine blew up in my van so I called in. It was a seasonal job (sports photography for schools) and my last day was supposed to be June 8 then I was to be laid off. They were gonna be off until August first. They fired me when I called in. The week before they had shorted me on my paycheck because she lost the timecards. She did write that she owes me what she shorted me on that checkstub and i still have it. I was supposed to get one more check plus the money I was shorted on my last check but never got it. They went to Texas for the summer as they always do. I have called and got the voicemail/answering machine and left messages asking where my paycheck is but have got no replies. I intend to write a letter and have it delivered registered mail asking for my paycheck since they never call me back but is there anything I can do to prove I was there? They are a small business so we just wrote our hours on our timecards. Any suggestions on how to get my money? I have to have to get a lawyer for something so silly but I also worked for that money and I'd like to get what I earned. They owe me for 21 3/4 hours so it isn't a ton of $$.

Dandy Don

Look in your phone book for the Department of Labor and file a complaint with them. An attorney is not needed. If you can't find it, call your local library or mayor's office and ask them to help you find out what the address and phone number is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">