• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never recd bill in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Karynp

What is the name of your state? CT
Received notification of unpaid bill for service rendered.
Yes i signed service document for plumbing repair.
Man spent 8 unneccessary hours here didnt know what he was doing he had to call the boss to help. 1 1/2 hour job.
Water all over my laundry room furnace in there water into garage
mess mess mess. I never received a bill in my name received bill in spouses name spelt totally wrong. Amount never adjusted. bill was 487.00 now claim is 273.00? no noticable damage now never took pictures should have. If I never received a bill in my name how am i responsible?
Receive small claim now under my name and different amount Less than original bill. Requested years ago right after job to have the owner call my husband he never did. Have rec'd collection calls on my answering machine for spouse. never replied Do I have any rights?

Hey everyone my question now is________________If I in my name not spouse never received a bill am I still liable???????????????
I don't even know what the 273 covers??????????????

Last edited:

BL

What is the difference in the orig. fee for services and the reduced amount ?

Does the new amount equal about what the job was worth ?

Did their professional neglect cause any significant damages in the basement,that you had
to pay for repairing,and do you have everything documented of proof ?

If the new bill is resonable,and you didn't suffer a large amount of loss in damages,you
should settle by paying before court.

Send a money order for the new amount noted pd. in full for services rendered .

If you believe and have proof , you suffered substantial damages and can prove it from
their neglect,counter sue.

You may need estimates or proof of paid services for the damages they caused.

Only you can decide.

JETX

Sorry, but blonde is off-base on this one.

You had the work done and now you owe the bill. Pay it. Any chance for your claiming offset charges has come and gone. You didn't pursue them. By not pursuing them in a timely manner, any claim you make now will be tainted.... and viewed as an attempt to 'get even'.

Last edited:

BL

In that situation ,I don't see then how it's possible " years later " for this Co. to now be
allowed to file small claims action for lesser amount,and the Defendant Not be allowed to
present a reasonable defense or counter claim ?

Is Justice weighed in what's fair ?

JETX

Blonde, that is NOT what I said.

You said that she has the right to countersue for her damages. I agree. However, since there is no prior complaint of damages, a court will very likely see this for what it is.... an attempt to 'offset' a valid bill with 'questionable' complaints of service. Simply, if the service was so poor, the writer had an obligation to make that complaint at the time.

Further, the complaints of service and work have no supporting evidence. How is the court to determine whether 8 hours as charged is more or less reasonable than the 1.5 hour work 'estimate' by someone without any experience?? How is the court to determine if there was actually damage and if so, what value?? Simply, they can't. The writer will make the claim in court..... and the plaintiff will say, "Your Honor, that is not true. I have XX years experience and that simply doesn't happen."

I do agree with you in that the best solution to this problem would be for the writer to send the payment of $273 to the plaintiff and keep a record. Then, when time for court, show that payment was made.... and received.
In fact, since the original bill was $497, the writer can 'treat the difference' as adjustment for the damage and over-hours.... and both parties win!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">