• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Appliance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FrankD01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I recently purchased a new oven. After having the stove installed I noticed a gas smell. I contacted my local gas company and they traced it to the stove.
I contacted the manufacture and they said they needed to set up a repair. Repairman came out and said he needed to order parts and he'll need to take the stove apart. I called the manufacture and stated that I purchased a new stove and not a refurbished one. I wanted a new stove. This stove has never been used

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I recently purchased a new oven. After having the stove installed I noticed a gas smell. I contacted my local gas company and they traced it to the stove.
I contacted the manufacture and they said they needed to set up a repair. Repairman came out and said he needed to order parts and he'll need to take the stove apart. I called the manufacture and stated that I purchased a new stove and not a refurbished one. I wanted a new stove. This stove has never been used
So, from the sounds of it, the stove was defectively manufactured. A NEW stove, but defective nonetheless.

Most manufacturers' warranties allow for the defective appliance to be repaired or replaced AT THEIR OPTION. That means THEY get to choose whether to repair the stove or to replace it with another new stove. They have decided to go with the repair option.

If the problem continues to exist after those repairs are done, at that point I might demand that they replace the stove altogether, but right now, you might not have much of a choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">