• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new at this need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelpjane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in arizona. I have never tried to sue someone before and have no idea how to go about it. In july of this year I took my car to a transmission repair shop. I had my transmission rebuilt and installed. Everything was fine until agugust when I noticed me check engine light was on. Took it to a mechanic and had it looked at. They found that when my transsmision was reinstalled that they had done it improperly which caused wires to rub on sharp edge and become exposed causeing a short. I got this in writing. I took it back to the transmission place told them what happened and showed them the paperwork. They said they would look at it. I let them try and fix the problem numerous times but they had neither the know how or the tools. They also made the problem worse while looking at it. I asked them if I could take it to my mechanic and they agreed they also agreed to pay for the repair if they were at fault. They were at fault but when they found out how much it was going to cost they gave us a bunch of run around and I needed the car fixed pronto. I got it fixed and then went to them to get reimbursed and they started spouting off how it wasn't their fault and they weren't going to pay for it. I am so lost and I can't find free legal advice anywhere. Thankyou so much for your time.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in arizona. I have never tried to sue someone before and have no idea how to go about it. In july of this year I took my car to a transmission repair shop. I had my transmission rebuilt and installed. Everything was fine until agugust when I noticed me check engine light was on. Took it to a mechanic and had it looked at. They found that when my transsmision was reinstalled that they had done it improperly which caused wires to rub on sharp edge and become exposed causeing a short. I got this in writing. I took it back to the transmission place told them what happened and showed them the paperwork. They said they would look at it. I let them try and fix the problem numerous times but they had neither the know how or the tools. They also made the problem worse while looking at it. I asked them if I could take it to my mechanic and they agreed they also agreed to pay for the repair if they were at fault. They were at fault but when they found out how much it was going to cost they gave us a bunch of run around and I needed the car fixed pronto. I got it fixed and then went to them to get reimbursed and they started spouting off how it wasn't their fault and they weren't going to pay for it. I am so lost and I can't find free legal advice anywhere. Thankyou so much for your time.
Read through this and then come back with questions:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/justiceCourts/CourtsAndSections/SmallClaims/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">