• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Next step after excusing a pro bono lawyer from representingin a UNLAWFUL DETAINEcase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gg1415

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I feel that the lawyer that was defending me in this matter failed to thoroughly research my case..I told her in the beginning that we needed to sit down abreast for an hour..that way I could tell here the whole situation ..so she wouldn't be defending me in the blind..but instead of doing that she just asked me a few questions here and there and that was it..I had to put a discovery pack together for the plaintiffs attorney within 5 days.. I also wrote out my response answer to the unlawful detainee and she refused to submit it..the the fee waiver hearing she contacts me a day before the hearing around 6 pm and tells me that my fee waiver hearing was the next day at 8:30 am and I had to be present..-she didn't need me present, how do i know? Cause I didn't make it and she still got my fees waived. Then she investigates my background mind you ITS me and my partner in this case and she represents the both of us..well my partners fees were waived automatically and my partner wasn't ask to do a discovery pack or sign separate papers ..but she wants to question my partner in private , LIKE we gonnA say different answers or a something..any way all the information on 3 day notice and summons complaint is inaccurate from the amounts owed to the format of names to the proof of service..and I was served 3 times in 4 months.. finally received an I'd but it's still the same inaccurate info., last night I emailed her about the inaccurate info and how I would like her to move for a motion to quash. That way he would need to start the process allover again..correctly.. she EMAILS back telling me that the plaintiffs attorney has an opening offer to settle..mind you this is a brief of the situation.
I have been here a year I rent the main house in a single family home.. two other family rent the basement part..there is a side YARD..that we the residents as a whole are to have FILL access to , secure GARBAGE BINS til pick up day..there is 1 fire EXIT in my home and it connected to the back door THREW my bedroom..that's it..no other EXIT..well the tenant downstairs HAS 5 big dogs the backdoor that leads to the side YARD is my safety EXIT, however she bought a massive toolshed that she had chained and landlocked to the railing of my e EXIT prohibiting us from using this as a safety EXIT..for 6 months I told him about this and other conditions of the home that were hazardous and I did not have the ability to fix.. he responds with I will send handyman over but never has..he suing me for non PAYMENT..that were the I'd comes from..well two days after filling my response with my attorney e y a fire breaks out cause by the drunken disorder of the tenant downstairs and it happens in the polished at the bottom of my EXIT ..it wasn't a major fire but it was big enough to melt the side WINDOWS..any the fire burnt down the toolhed at my back door.. and my lawyer wants me to move in 30 days and he will FORGIVE all past RENTS owed . I gave her receipts to my repairs , and all photos taken laws and codes that match the hazard.. in detail EMAILS of conversations between the owner and I.. very informative..and a strong defense ..but she tells me that I should think about this offer cause even with all the repairs made it doesn't amount up to what's owed and if I researched the law fully I would know that state of california paying rent to someone is a law.. so it would be good to accept the opening offer.. first off I'm not trying to stiff him I have made that clear if he deducted and fixes what I couldn't I will pay the right amount.. she made it sound as if I wanted the whole thing squash....and then she said I should have notified him on repairs before in taking myself.. I notified him ..I sent her all the emails of notification with DATES and times..and the fire .. this is why I excused her from my case..pro bono people seeking help with NOT enough to afford one should still get the best service a lawyer can provide..the owner has money I don't..there are legal aid services to help us..but they feed us to the dogs.. I know I'm right ..PLS if anyone can help me see this threw the eyes of the law..cause the law contradicts a lot of its own justice.. and people whom uphold the law sometimes get screwed.. Help me pls

Last edited:

tranquility

Seriously? If you actually excused a pro bono lawyer to fight for you, I assume he said you had no case. While I would love to see the additional facts here (And, would prefer them in your other thread.), the "next step" is to prepare to lose. That will result in a judgment against you and the need to move immediately when the sheriff comes.

quincy

Are you saying YOU excused a pro bono lawyer from representing you in an unlawful detainer case, or did the pro bono attorney request of a judge that he be excused from representing you in an unlawful detainer case? The first I cannot understand at all. The second I can.

Once an attorney is dismissed from a case (for whatever reason), you can request the case files be turned over to your new attorney (or your new attorney will do this) or, if you have decided to represent yourself, you can request the case files be turned over to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">