• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nicki2156

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nicki2156

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK

I sued Miller & Levine Inc. (collections company) they had received our money from 2 companies but they did not pay us any of the money. I sued them in small claims and won a money judgement. They are in Bogart GA and did not appear in court. But they still have not paid us. The phone numbers do not work anymore. How can I collect this money judgement from them?

I sued Miller & Levine Inc. (collections company) they had received our money from 2 companies but they did not pay us any of the money. I sued them in small claims and won a money judgement. They are in Bogart GA and did not appear in court. But they still have not paid us. The phone numbers do not work anymore. How can I collect this money judgement from them?
This problem has worried me also, after sending a few tenants that didn't pay to collections, I've never heard back from the agency's...

Good luck with this...

W

Willlyjo

First you have to wait a period of time in case they appeal the judgement and then you can do one of several things. Go after their bank account, put a lien on their property, send a marshal to do a "til tap", subpeona them in front of the judge to answer questions regarding their ability to pay the judgement...etc.

Go online to view your state's Civil Code which will explain in detail different methods of judgement collections.

W

Willlyjo

This problem has worried me also, after sending a few tenants that didn't pay to collections, I've never heard back from the agency's...

Good luck with this...
Good luck on getting former tenants to pay you a judgement. If they couldn't pay rent, how can they pay a judgement? You may be able to find out where they work and then attach their wages. You may not get much because they would probably claim exempt from a portion of the the 25% pay period garnishment. Good luck with that...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">