• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No eviction process just locked out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

I live in California and I want to know what I can do if I pay rent and my landlord locks me out anyway?
Without knowing the context, generally, a tenant who has a landlord who does self-help eviction by locking him out, has a wonderfully winning lawsuit.

Yet, I sense there is more to the question as landlords usually like money.

Mannasugar

Blown head gasket

So I moved in without paying rent and I am supposed to fix the place up I was working on the plumbing the drain in the bathroom was plugged up and I accidentally cut through the supply line and the plumbers had to come out and fix the water supply line and now I have a $600 bill the car has a blown head gasket which we purchase together for $700 we did not had a blown head gasket and since I'm spending all my time working on this car working on the apartment working on her car I haven't had time to go out and perform actual work that pays me money so I have not paid rent I paid January rent and I pay partial February rent and everything is so stressed out so she said she just going to lock me out

tranquility

So I moved in without paying rent and I am supposed to fix the place up I was working on the plumbing the drain in the bathroom was plugged up and I accidentally cut through the supply line and the plumbers had to come out and fix the water supply line and now I have a $600 bill the car has a blown head gasket which we purchase together for $700 we did not had a blown head gasket and since I'm spending all my time working on this car working on the apartment working on her car I haven't had time to go out and perform actual work that pays me money so I have not paid rent I paid January rent and I pay partial February rent and everything is so stressed out so she said she just going to lock me out
Your facts have not proven you are a tenant. You may very well have some rights, as you have some duties. You really need to see an attorney as you, in a lawsuit in regards to getting locked out, may have a net negative, even if you were to prove you were a tenant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">