• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jinmako

FL. Recently a neighbor has been harassing us to pay for the upkeep of his fence and even sent us a quote for the cost of repair. He claims that the damage was caused by our dogs. He has not provided us any proof, and we know that for a fact our dogs did not do that because we watch them whenever they are outside. If he was able to provide proof we would pay it almost instantly. He claims now that he will take us to small claims court and such, but with no evidence how far will this actually go? Should we seek an attorney?

Hot Topic

I doubt the two of you watch your dogs every second they're outside.

The neighbor needs proof that they're damaging the fence. Call Small Claims in your area. An attorney may not be allowed to represent you.

jinmako

I wish

No we do... practically anytime we would let the dogs out he would immediately bang on the fence with a steel rod to antagonize our dogs. We had to put up a smaller fence to block off that portion of our yard due to possible injury to our dogs. We were never able to get it on video. We are going through the HOA to put up external security cameras.
I know that may be hard to believe. Trust me, if you met the guy you wouldn't trust him either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">