• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrfatmac72

North Carolina. I was trying to sale a friend a motorcycle he made 3 of the 4 payments. Last one was in December last year. This started in April of last year when we agreed on payments. March of this year he said he would come April 1st to finish paying and pick up bike . Never showed with final payment. Do i owe him refund a year since last payment?

Last edited:

quincy

North Carolina. I was trying to sale a friend a motorcycle he made 3 of the 4 payments. Last one was in December last year. This started in April of last year when we agreed on payments. March of this year he said he would come April 1st to finish paying and pick up bike . Never showed with final payment. Do i owe him refund a year since last payment?
What were the terms of the agreement you made with your friend? Did the agreement you made with your friend include a refund policy?

What has your friend said about the last payment owing on the bike? Has your friend indicated that he still intends to purchase the bike from you?

Mrfatmac72

What were the terms of the agreement you made with your friend? Did the agreement you made with your friend include a refund policy?

What has your friend said about the last payment owing on the bike? Has your friend indicated that he still intends to purchase the bike from you?
I told him no refund . I sold the bike to someone else. 9 months later now he wants to make last payment. .

quincy

I told him no refund . I sold the bike to someone else. 9 months later now he wants to make last payment. .
Oh. Well the sale of the bike to someone else, when you had an arrangement to sell the bike to your friend, is not good. You could very well owe your friend a refund, whether you told him no refund or not.

Did you inform your friend that you planned to sell the bike to someone else if he did not make the final payment on April 1?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">