• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nonpayment of personal loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pameladillow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)Virginia
I have a friend who owes my money. She was my childcare provider. The last day she worked for me, I had paid her in full for the next week of care. She ended up leaving the state 2 days later because she left her husband. So she owes me a refund of $155 for childcare, but since we were close friends we have stayed in touch and she had been seeing a lawyer to start the divorce process. I offered to loan her $500 which she would repay monthly the amount of $58 for 12 months. This repayment would cover the $155 refund on childcare not provided and the $500 loan for divorce filing and a small amount of interest. Her first payment should have been in March of 2008 and I have yet to receive anything from her. Is it worth it to file a small claim case against her? She has been back in Virginia since the beginning of July and I recommended her for a position and I know that she is working and now living back in her marital home, but she avoids speaking about when she will repay me as she is now $406 behind in repayment. What are my options to collect this debt?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">