• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

North Carolina Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midnite007x

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
Tmorrow I am going to file a small claims case in Mecklenburg County. My boyfriend and I are bothe suing the owners of our property that we rent and the real estate agent. My question is this, when i get to the court house to turn in the papers does he need to be present to sign the summons that goes out to be served? I am not even sure if this is something we sign or just the clerk, I know I have to fill it out. We have already both signed the complaint papers.

JETX

Tmorrow I am going to file a small claims case in Mecklenburg County. My boyfriend and I are bothe suing the owners of our property that we rent and the real estate agent. My question is this, when i get to the court house to turn in the papers does he need to be present to sign the summons that goes out to be served? I am not even sure if this is something we sign or just the clerk, I know I have to fill it out. We have already both signed the complaint papers.
Most courts require either the plaintiff to sign in front of the clerk or to have their signature notarized. You need to call the court and ask what they require.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">