• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Freeman54

What is the name of your state?Iowa
I was sued along with my employer for a flooring job that went sideways. Even though I was not involved in any of the planning, or actual job, other than as a helper. We were both judged against in the amount of $5000. What can I do to get out from under this unfair judgement?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Freeman54 said:
What is the name of your state?Iowa
I was sued along with my employer for a flooring job that went sideways. Even though I was not involved in any of the planning, or actual job, other than as a helper. We were both judged against in the amount of $5000. What can I do to get out from under this unfair judgement?

My response:

Since you didn't say when this judgment was rendered by the court, and whether you were on the contract as an independent, or whether you were an employee of the contractor, then I imagine the way to get "out from under" is to pay it.

IAAL

JETX

Freeman54 said:
What can I do to get out from under this unfair judgement?
And of course, we are also missing what you told the court when you appeared and advised them that you were not a responsible party.... and why they didn't release you from the claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">