• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if I have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Moses32422

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

Here is the rundown. I was on vacation in Las Vegas with a girlfriend late last year. When we returned to Washington she went to the local police and filed an assault claim against me. An investigation was opened by LVMPD. In the meantime she filed a protection order against me locally even though I never attempted to contact her. I had to retain an attorney for $2500 to help me in court with the protection order. We went to court 4 times and kept continuing the case until we received an outcome on the investigation in LV. The case was dropped due to lack of evidence after 4 months. She was caught lying nemerous times in her interviews and follow up questioning. The detective who was assigned to this told me that he would have charged her with filing a false report but his dept. frowns on that. He said he believes she filed this simply because she was angry and wanted to get even. When the case was dropped she had her attorney pull the protection order without ever having to talk to the judge.

Here I am having missed 4 days work and out $2500 for fees and Im wondering if I can take her to court to get at least my attorney fees back. Im stumped here. Any advice anyone has would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">